Lead Teacher – Alpharetta
As one of the premier preschools in the area we are looking for individuals who have a passion for working with children, are dedicated to providing the best education and care to their students, work collaboratively and want to learn and grow with our team.
Requirements of this position include the following:
- Maintain a cheerful, nurturing, healthy, safe and clean classroom environment
- Implement our curriculum and age appropriate learning activities as outlined. The monthly curriculum theme should be evident through visual displays of your students projects
- Nurture the physical, emotional, social and intellectual growth and development of each child
- Ensure the daily care of all children by following and having an understanding of BFTS licensing guidelines and implementing all PFLC standards
- Mentor new teachers and other staff as assigned
- Cultivate positive relationships with families, teachers, state licensing authorities and community contacts
- Use the required electronic daily report app to communicate with parents about their child’s daily activity
- Monitor development of each child and communicate progress/concerns with the parents and the Director
- Maintain attendance and injury records
- Participate in monthly staff meetings
- Work with teaching teams and grade level staff on problem solving classroom and school issues
- Support PFLC’s success; partner with PFLC staff and leadership to achieve goals concerning enrollment accreditation and engagement.
- Regularly required to move from standing to crouching at child’s eye level as well as sitting on the floor and back to standing position
- Must be able to lift a minimum of 40lbs.
- Must be able to spend time on the floor or in child sized furniture
- Required to help clean and maintain classroom and equipment and move through out the facility with children
What you need to succeed:
- CDA or Bachelors Degree in a relevant field
- Preferably 2+ years of experience in a lead teacher role
- Available to work Monday-Friday 7:30am-4:30pm
- Knowledge of developmentally appropriate practices
- Must have basic computer proficiency, lift a minimum of 30 pounds and work indoors and outdoors
- Strong written, communication and organizational skills
- Willingness to be part of a team
- Understands the needs of the school and is flexible within their role
At Phase Family Center, you will be immersed in an exceptional work environment that believes in empowerment. You will also be surrounded by colleagues who are committed to helping each other grow through constant 1 on 1s where ongoing feedback flows freely.
If you’re looking to make an impact, Phase Family Center is the place for you.
Phase Family Center is an equal opportunity employer. We welcome and encourage diversity in the workplace regardless of race, gender, religion, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability or veteran status.